Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Network Detection?

aweiss2k
7 - Meteor

Hi, I'm trying to figure the most efficient way (if possible) to use Alteryx for network basic network (edge and node) detection/coding.  I have datasets that contain data like this (except millions of records):

Example.jpg

I want to be able to have Alteryx identify and tag which transactions are in a connected network.  So, in this case, transactions 1-5 are all in network "1", and transactions 6-10 are in network "2" and to output that network number as a new field value ("Network Number") at the end of each row.  I've messed with the Network Analysis tool but that doesn't seem to fit the bill for what I need.  Is there another tool that would work?

Thanks,

Aaron

1 REPLY 1

Hello @aweiss2k 

Have you checked 'Make Group' tool which is part of the Join category? I worked on your data in the attached file. Hope this is what you are looking for. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1663364123048.png

Labels