Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Network Analysis Tool - Underlying data

ERM171292
5 - Atom

Is there a way to extract the html string as opposed to the rendered report from this tool? I have been manipulating the macro but I haven't had much luck.

Removing the report element from the flow throws an error -

Error: NetworkMacroTest1 (70): Tool #45: Error in parse(text = txt) : <text>:1:6: unexpected SPECIAL

Error: NetworkMacroTest1 (70): Tool #45: Execution halted

Error: NetworkMacroTest1 (70): Tool #45: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
dataMack
12 - Quasar

I believe that the report render creates temporary file on your machine.  Perhaps you could let it render and read from the temp .html file as text?

RamnathV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As pointed out by Jason, you can add a Layout tool followed by a Render tool and save the output of the network analysis tool to HTML. You can then open the HTML in a text editor of your choice to copy the entire HTML created. I will post a sample workflow to do this.

ERM171292
5 - Atom

Thank you to both of you. I was successful in extracting the html file from the temp directory. I haven't currently succeeded in exporting the HTML from Alteryx directly as of yet.

landry_turner
7 - Meteor

I also tried this but am not having any luck.  It seems to just be header information and no actual content within the html file.  I can't figure out yet how to save an html file that resembles the browse configuration with interactivity.

Any update for how to do this?  This is my planned workaround until the fix is in place for Alteryx Server.

RamnathV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Let me create a simple workflow to save output to file and share it here.

landry_turner
7 - Meteor

Hello, just checking back to see if anyone has been able to save the html data from the output.

RamnathV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is the Network Analysis Sample to which I have added a Layout + Render tool to save the output to HTML. This workflow saves it to a temporary HTML file, but you can also write it to a specific path if you need.

Is this what you were looking for?

landry_turner
7 - Meteor

Yes that worked!  My attempts were missing the Layout tool.  Thanks!

Now I will probably work to customize the macro for some specific uses and we can distribute html files.

ERM171292
5 - Atom

Great thanks for putting that together. I hadn't thought of using the layou tool. Much appreciated.

Labels