Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Network Analysis Tool: Change of Direction of arrows/connectors

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Alteryx workflow to show a network for interconnected Nodes and edges using network analysis tool.

Output i am getting looks pretty good but i am struggling on couple of points.

1. Can i change the direction of directed arrows from Node to Edge rather than Edge to Node(i guess default setting in Alteryx)  

2.If we can get rid of distribution details from output file?

Attached image showing current and expected output(blue directed arrows are generated by Alteryx and red one's what we are trying to achieve)Sample.jpg

Please let me know any possible suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Agarwal_Yash91 

Can you provide the workflow that you used to create this and some sample data?

Dan

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

@danilang looks like i am able to resolve direction of arrows by inter changing column header for to and From.

could you please suggest possible ways to remove distribution stats from file(creating a HTML file using Render tool and Layout tool). attached image of part which needs to removed from final output

we need only Interactive force diagram in HTML file.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Agarwal_Yash91 

There aren't any options for excluding the distribution stats from the html.  I looked into the R code in the macro and it's very sparse.  It looks like it pieces together a bunch of html snippets to make the final report.  You're best bet may be some post processing on the html.  The class you want to remove/hide is "col-xs-12 col-md-5"

Dan

Agarwal_Yash91
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang ,

Thanks for suggestion. I will try to look into given possible solution.

i ran into another issue today, its regarding grouping the nodes. I tried using group node options but i am getting an error while trying to group the nodes using a variable(tried with int32,int64 and string data types) but getting below mentioned error.

Error: Network Analysis (13): Tool #4: Error in graph.data.frame(d = x, directed = directed, vertices = vertices) :

Workflow works fine when i disable group and remove variable we are trying to use for grouping/coloring nodes.

while grouping by statistics(infomap.community) works fine.

Can you please help me this ?

AMit
5 - Atom

Hey Can you share the workflow. that might be of my some help.
thank you

Labels