Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Network Analysis Edge weight issue

neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to pass "weight" column to Network Analysis tool along with from and to but receiving following errors. When removing weight column then it works fine

Error: Network Analysis (1): Tool #4: Error in betweenness(g) :

Error: Network Analysis (1): Tool #4: Execution halted

Error: Network Analysis (1): Tool #4: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Please can someone confirm if there are any considerations in terms of passing weight values to algorithm? also what could be data type etc.

Please let me know if any inputs here

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@neeleshapatil1 

The Network Analysis can definitely take a weight column - see Help > Sample Workflows > Predictive tool samples > Predictive Analytics > Network Analysis Tool for an example. 

Could you check whether there are any NULL values in your weight column?

nat.png

neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks MichalM for your quick reply and giving right direction.  I had some zero's in weight column & replaced them and It worked.Also i think this weight column don't accept decimal values and have to round it as well.

I see that search box option to select and highlight node by their name is not working and nothing happens eve tried to type node name.  This option is under Interactive mode output of Alteryx Network Analysis tool.

Also Is there any way we can modify the output so that it won’t show details like Aggregate statistical measures that characterize the entire network and A histogram of node centrality measures? I want network graph viz to take entire frame.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@neeleshapatil1 

When you expand the output of the Interactive anchor within the Results window, you'll notice it is actually a piece of html. This can be further processed within Alteryx and stripped of the bits you're not interested in. 

network-interactive.png

You can split the html into individual rows using the Text-to-columns tool, identify parts of html you want to get rid of using Multi-row Formula, filter these out and render it again as html. Example attached.

html-report.png

neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @MichalM . Great to know all these techniques.

Do you think this interactive output of network analysis can be somehow shown into Tableau?

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

I've done a quick search and it doesn't seem to be possible to embed html within a Tableau dashboard - not an expert though.

neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

@MichalM  Can you please confirm how we can render viz on gallery. Mainly the one which modified to remove histogram and statistical information?

I tried using pcxml option but it keeps prompting for me to enter username and password on gallery which is not a case when rendering locally using pcxml option.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@neeleshapatil1 

Could you please confirm at which point you'll get prompted for username and password? There's no reason why a pcxml output would prompt you to get authenticated.

neeleshapatil1
8 - Asteroid

@MichalM 

I am observing this behavior on Alteryx Gallery and expecting output of network analysis tool be rendered on Gallery as well. I think but overall network analysis tool output is not rendering on gallery. Do you see the same behavior?

syedaNaqvi
5 - Atom

First thing first thanks for sharing the workflow !!!

But the file you shared is .yxmd(workflow) , can you please share yxzp(package workflow) so that I can also have the dataset available in the workflow.

It is hard to understand without workflow.

Labels