Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Nerd Alert: Alteryx Tool Flash Cards

justindavis
10 - Fireball

Maybe you've been using Alteryx for a long, long time. Or maybe you're like me - relatively new to the tool and doing everything you can to learn all the things. After passing the Designer Core certification and setting my sights on prepping for the Designer Advanced, I realized one of the things limiting me is that there are so many tools at my disposal that I simply don't get exposed to.

Yes, absolutely, the weekly challenges are fantastic for learning and practicing new tools - but if you're challenging yourself to complete those challenges without looking at others' solutions first, it may not stick quite the same way.

I'm a more systematic learner so I wanted a way to work through all of the tools and be able to (1) recognize them visually by their icon alone, and (2) know at least the base level description for each tool across the platform. So I kicked it old school and threw together some flash cards for tools in Alteryx Designer.

Hopefully these prove useful for at least one other person on the community who wants to nerd it up with a little studying to accelerate their recognition of the Alteryx tool set.

alteryx_flashcards_frontback.PNG

alteryx_flashcards_twopage.png

Tool Palettes Included:

• In/Out
  • Preparation
  • Join
  • Transform
  • Reporting
  • Documentation
  • Data Investigation
  • Interface
  • Developer
  • In-DB

If you print two-sided the cards' front and back should automatically align. Print them out on some cardstock and you've got some nice flash cards you can use personally or share with your team!

P.S. - If you notice any issues with the file please let me know and I'll try to revise as soon as I can.

P.P.S. - If anyone is aware of an already existing set of these, feel free to point them out -- I looked and had seen where a small set was created a few years ago but not in the format I was looking for with the icon on one side and name/palette/description on the other.

11 REPLIES 11
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very Cool, thanks @justindavis 

SeanBain1965
5 - Atom

This is probably the best aid I have seen yet to get at least the basic knowledge into my head on tools. I think Alteryx's learning is great but find sometimes when looking at workflows I notice tools way beyond my knowledge (only been learning a week) and this will help me get it into my head. Many thanks.

Labels