Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need your urgent help - Create the multiple excel file from one excel

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi Team,

I have below data in excel file. I want to create different excel files based on Field1 data. for example : filter the data on Field1 and create a different files like a.xlsx,b.xls,c.xlsx etc.

Field1       Field2

a              ABC
a              EFD
a              XYZ
b              LMN
b              OPQ
b              STU
b              JKL
c              EFG
c              HIJ
c             KLM

First find the unique value for column a (Field1) in above example it would be a,b,c.

Then filter the data for a , b ,c separately and add into in separate excel files with save name a.xlsx,b.xlsx etc.

Need you uregent help here to create a dynamic workflow where above file select from particular folder and process.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@alt_tush See the attached workflow and batch macro I created that should help you out. Depending on if the files already exist or not, you may have to change the output settings within the macro to 'Create New Sheet' instead of 'Overwrite File.' You will also want to be sure to change the Formula tool within the macro to save the output files to the correct location on your computer.

Hope this helps!

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Attaching a sample workflow for your case.    Create a new column with output file path and name using formula tool and then configure the output date tool as shown in following image. 

WorkflowWorkflow

Output Data tool configurationOutput Data tool configurationResultsResults

arsharsh
5 - Atom

Can you please save this as an Alteryx 11.7.4 version instead (1 version behind what you're using)? I am unable to view it and would really appreciate it! Thanks

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@arsharsh If you ever need to open a workflow that is in a newer version of Alteryx than you have, simply right click on the .yxmd file and select Edit with Notepad ++. Here, on line 2, you will see the version number. Just change this to the version you are using, save and close, and then try to reopen the workflow as usual.

Labels