Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to split data based on Row value

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

I have input consisting of column named "Record ID, Field_1 and Result". Now in the result column I have "True and false" one time, another time I have "only false". Now my constrain is "If the result column contains both "True and False" I need all the row contents that are above "True". Whereas if the result column contains only "False" i need all the row contents irrespective of true or false. Can anyone please help to find a solution for this.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
I hope this is what you want. if you like accept it as the solution. Thanks.1012-Gsiva3.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Gsiva3 , you can use filter tool for this apply filter on result and you will get the desired value.

grazitti_sapna_0-1602476635328.png

In my case I have used Result is true therefore 1 record in true anchor and rest in false anchor along with the row data.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Grazitti,

Thanks for the solution. But the thing is, when I have true in the result column, I need rows that are above "True". For example: if "row number 10" has true then I need rows above row number 10. Please help me with this.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Gsiva3 , now the workflow will return the 9 rows above 10 th row where the result is true and the rows after 10th row will fall under false condition.

grazitti_sapna_0-1602477882183.png

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
It seems that I have mis-interpretated you intention.

I made it dynamic so only ont output is present.

Revised my workflow, kindly check.

1012-Gsiva3-a.PNG

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the solution. It works👍

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
Thank you for the mark. much appreciated.

Labels