Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to run three different files in different dates in a workflow

Raj008
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for your immediate inputs and thoughts whenever I post a question.

Currently, I have a workflow which outputs three csv files - one for daily values, one for monthly values, one for weekly values.

I need to output daily values csv daily on business days only

I need to output monthly values csv on a particular date of the month

I need to output weekly values csv on a particular day of the week

Need suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Raj008

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Raj008 

Get the month Date and Week Day for your Date Column then do a Join or Filter.

0217-Raj008.PNG

Raj008
8 - Asteroid

Hi Qiu,

Thanks for your inputs...I need to run my daily output files daily on the business days (Mon thru Fri), weekly output file on Tuesday, and monthly output on 1st of the month (if it is a nonbusiness day, then it should be the next day).

To be more specific, I have a workflow which gives three output files; my requirement is - if I run the workflow I need the daily output files every business day, i need weekly output file only on Tuesday, and i need the monthly output file only on the first of the month.

Need your inputs...

Thanks...

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Raj008 

There's two parts to this:  Getting the date logic, and generating the files.

Generating date logic:

- Use a textInput and a formula tool to get today's date (Formula is DateTimeNow)

- Use a formula to create a field called "ElligibleForWeekly" which compares today's date to the values that trigger a weekly

- ... same for monthly

- Use the append tool to append these 3 fields (today's date; ElligibileForWeekly; ElligiblyForMonthly)

Generating the files: 

- Then you can have 3 output tools.   The first one takes all the rows; second is filtered on ElligibleForWeekly; the third is filtered on ElligibleForMonthly.

This will generate the files you need - however it may also generate empty files every day for your weekly.    To get 'round the empty files, you may need to do some Macro work - but let's get the first piece working first.

Labels