Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to join 5 different Excels and bring all the columns from it into one single output

prduddu
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have 5 excel sheets with the below format and data. I need to join all of them based on the data below. The end goal is to find all the relevant information for the ID/Name in sheet 1.  Sheet 1 and 2 are joined on  (ID= ID or ID= Manager ID) ; Sheet 1 and 3 are joined on (User ID = User ID); Sheet 1 and 5 are joined based on (ID = ID) but the dept information is derived from Sheet 4 and Sheet 4 and 5 are joined based on (Dept ID = Dept ID). 

I need to pull the Manager ID, Detail1, Detail2, Login ID, Dept Name information for ID/Name in Sheet 1.

I' stuck with using join/multiple joins.Can you please help with the workflow?

I have attached a single sheet with all the 5 sheets templates.

Thanks

PD

4 REPLIES 4
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Joins seem to be the way to approach this.  Do you have a sample workflow showing where you are having difficulty?  

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

prduddu
5 - Atom

Hi Sruhl,

Nope I am trying to get started and I can't figure out where to begin. I am very new to Alteryx.

Thanks

DanS
9 - Comet

Hello, 

I've attached a workflow that joins on all your specifics.

It's also using the union tool to bring in the employee with the missing Detail1, Detail2 and Login ID

Let me know if this is what you were looking for! 

Thanks,

Dan

prduddu
5 - Atom

Thanks, DanS  :)

Labels