Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to disable the container if nothing is selected from the List box interface tool

aparanjith1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am working on a App which takes list box values from the external source which is an excel file, now I need to disable the container within the WF if none of the values are selected from the List box. can someone help me in achieving this?

Attached is the sample excel file I am using to get my List box values.

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's the formula I used in the Action tool between the List Box and tool container:

IF contains(lowercase([#1]),'true')=-1 THEN 'false'
else 'true' ENDIF

This says, if the List Box output contains the string 'true' (which means at least one option was selected), then the disable feature on the container is 'false' (disabled the disable'). 

aparanjith1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply Charlie, but unfortunately I am unable to open the package since mine is a bit older version; do i need to use that formula in the Action tool?

Error_Alteryx.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Happy to help! Yes, that's the formula, and be sure that the Disable value on the Tool Container is what is selected too.

20190124-ListBoxDisable.png

Labels