Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to create application based on input and output

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have created a workflow with number of tools along with input and output. Now I just want to create a application, so that end user can select the required input file and gets the output file in specific folder. Please help me on this

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gsiva3 
Running Alteryx workflow will require license, so I dont think you can distribute it as License-free application.

If you mean you want to prevent the user from modifying your workflow, then Lock Workflow might be choice.
Kindly backup your workflow, after lock your workflow, you can not UNLOCK it.

Lock.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Gsiva3 , give this a try. You can choose the input file and output to the desired destination using this workflow.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

Sine you are using higher version, I could not get your workflow, 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Gsiva3 , what is the version you are using, I have downgraded the file to 2019.1 version. In such cases you can always open the file in notepad and change the version as per requirement

Sapna Gupta
Labels