Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to add dynamic date to workflow

Hi All,

I've searched through past posts and can't seem to find what I need. I provide a weekly report (previous Sunday - Saturday data) and the data I'm pulling has 2 weeks worth of requests with Open Timestamps. I have a filter to pull out the dates I need (e.g., the previous Sun 2/14 to previous Saturday 2/20), but for Tableau I need to add in the missing dates. Currently I have a text input with manual dates, however I think there has to be a formula to add in the date for last Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I've attached a photo and excel workbook with the data from the report I am working on today.

Thank you very much!

9 REPLIES 9
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@MichelleMitchellLutz,

I'm not sure to understand well your need but what I get is you need to add the days between last Sunday and the date populated on the column Opened Timestamp.

messi007_0-1614100312057.png

Attached the workflow.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @MichelleMitchellLutz 

I attached the workflow below. I think this should give you a good idea of how to approach this issue. I went ahead and created some more data to show you how it would create the additional dates that were not included.

pedrodrfaria_0-1614100618546.png

Pedro.

Hi!

Thank you for looking at it. I need to add in the missing days, but they won't always be the same (not always missing a Wednesday, etc.), so I wanted to add a formula to add the previous Sunday - Saturday. 

Thank you! I need to add in dates for every day of the previous week (see below). The issue is that each week it is different, so I really need to add in dates for every day of the previous week.

Sunday 2/14 - NEED TO ADD

Monday 2/15 - in the data

Tuesday 2/16 - in the data

Wednesday 2/17 - in the data

Thursday 2/18 - in the data

Friday 2/19 - in the data

Saturday 2/20 - NEED TO ADD

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MichelleMitchellLutz,

It should work for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1614101851881.png

The output

Emil_Kos_1-1614101881979.png

The workflow is fully dynamic and it looks at today date in order to calculate the seven days. 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MichelleMitchellLutz,

And an alternative solution takes the minimum date from the data set. 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @MichelleMitchellLutz here's my attempt:

OllieClarke_0-1614102008468.png

The first part of the workflow (up to the filter) will filter all opened timestamps to between the previous saturday and preceding sunday.

The second part will fill in the missing dates that you might have in the opened timestamp field.

OllieClarke_0-1614102116040.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@MichelleMitchellLutz,

Please see below:

messi007_0-1614102147931.png

Below the formula to calculate the days since last Sunday

messi007_1-1614102238078.png

You can inject the result to a file then you read it in order to keep history.

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps!

Perfect!! Thank you so much.

Labels