Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to Add Column Name

alokkrsachan
7 - Meteor

Hi All...

Here attaching input excel file & Alteryx flow..

want to use this flow for multiple excels & DB Table.

But in Summarized & Transpose tool I have to change each column name which is not feasible.

So I was think to rename column name as column1 coulmn2 column3....which will be generic for all input data file and no need to change each & every column name again and again.. and at end result again get proper input data column name , not column1 column2 column3...

Main Task is that... here multiple inputs file with different columns name and want single flow.. just connect desired excel and get output.

output attached in flow is correct & required... need to automate only column names part..

Please help... its urgent

15 REPLIES 15
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @alokkrsachan,

To change a column Name you can just use the select tool like this:

IraWatt_0-1658395617158.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @alokkrsachan, give this a try.

grazitti_sapna_0-1658395608259.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @alokkrsachan ,

One way to do this easily,

Emmanuel_G_0-1658398912405.png

alokkrsachan
7 - Meteor

Thanks IraWatt

I need to add automatically..

Please Suggest

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@alokkrsachan Our answers do not meet your needs ?

alokkrsachan
7 - Meteor

Hi Emmanuel_G

Here attaching input excel file & Alteryx flow..

want to use this flow for multiple excels & DB Table.

But in Summarized & Transpose tool I have to change each column name which is not feasible.

So I was think to rename column name as column1 coulmn2 column3....which will be generic for all input data file and no need to change each & every column name again and again.. and at end result again get proper input data column name , not column1 column2 column3...

Main Task is that... here multiple inputs file with different columns name and want single flow.. just connect desired excel and get output.

output attached in flow is correct & required... need to automate only column names part..

Please help... its urgent

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

What is the actual desired output?  Are you wanting to rename the columns outright or append/prepend to the existing column name such as Channel_Column1, Sub Channel_Column2, etc?

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@alokkrsachan ,

I understand better.

Is it possible to share these files or headers of each files to allow us to have a better idea of ​​the structure of each excel file ?

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @alokkrsachan

here is a potential solution I made. I used the field info to get the list of all fields, and then used a dynamic rename to rename all your fields at the beginning of the workflow, you could then rename at the end of the workflow if you want the names to go back to the original.

I hope it helps

Labels