Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need support on calculating total

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Hi All. Apologies if the question is already populated, however, I could not find a suitable response. I need help in calculating grand total which will pull values only from the rows that contains subtotals. I have attached an input and output file. Please help  me.

16 REPLIES 16
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @SCK ,

There is no difference between you input and output.

Is this what you are looking for. I have a feeling its more.

Lets see.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

There is a grand total row in my output, which is not in the input file. So, I need a grand total through alteryx which will pull the sum of all subtotals 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @SCK ,

Apologies, I missed the Grand total record.

Please have a look at the attached.

If this does not tackle your issue, please shout back and we will figure it out.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

The version does  not support. My version is 2019.3 x64. Could you send me just the workflow maybe, i.e. .yxmd extension. Maybe that would support

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@SCK — Hope the attached workflow will be helpful.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@SCK ,

of course, I will keep it in mind next time.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Wow! It worked! Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

I have another question, Would you also be able to help calculate subtotals if the number of rows to calculate subtotal is not fixed. I have attached another input and output.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@SCK — You need to create some condition so that we could apply the logics to create Groups for Subtotal, if you get more rows in future? Create a new column as identifier or reference.

Labels