Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need support on calculating total

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Hi All. Apologies if the question is already populated, however, I could not find a suitable response. I need help in calculating grand total which will pull values only from the rows that contains subtotals. I have attached an input and output file. Please help  me.

16 REPLIES 16
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @SCK ,

There is no difference between you input and output.

Is this what you are looking for. I have a feeling its more.

Lets see.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

There is a grand total row in my output, which is not in the input file. So, I need a grand total through alteryx which will pull the sum of all subtotals 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @SCK ,

Apologies, I missed the Grand total record.

Please have a look at the attached.

If this does not tackle your issue, please shout back and we will figure it out.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

The version does  not support. My version is 2019.3 x64. Could you send me just the workflow maybe, i.e. .yxmd extension. Maybe that would support

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@SCK — Hope the attached workflow will be helpful.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@SCK ,

of course, I will keep it in mind next time.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

Wow! It worked! Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it.

SCK
8 - Asteroid

I have another question, Would you also be able to help calculate subtotals if the number of rows to calculate subtotal is not fixed. I have attached another input and output.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@SCK — You need to create some condition so that we could apply the logics to create Groups for Subtotal, if you get more rows in future? Create a new column as identifier or reference.

Labels