Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need some help please I want to see if Alteryx can be used to create a 12 Months rolling f

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

Need some help please I want to see if Alteryx can be used to create a 12 Months rolling forecast using the prior 12 months bookings by (CRD) customer request date. 

See sample data, so we have the bookings at item level, from various channel sites, we expect a +5% growth on the prior year, so how can I create a workflow in Alteryx which can provide this in a repeatable process, so we can add say Jan-22 onto next months file and it will roll forward to see this and only use Fev-21 to Jan-22 

Any help would be great.

TIA,

Karl. 

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Karl_Spratt, you can select the last 12 months as shown on the attached workflow. I just want to point out that if you are using time series to forecast your data, having only one year of data is not enough to use this method. I'd recommend having at least 5 years of data to train the model.

gabrielvilella_0-1642529858162.png

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community 

I'm more interested in how I would take the historically data and create a new 12 Month FC with say a 10% growth factor in Alteryx.

Can someone please advise how to do this?

Cheers,

Karl. 

Labels