Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with lookup between tables (common element is company name)

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Hi experts, 

I'm trying to do a lookup between two tables. The report is not in a friendly format. However, the report will be consistent (always the same column and rows where it starts from). I need to find out the new companies  in the 2020 table compared to 2019 table. The companies will always starts from "Row 10" and "column C" (I highlighted in yellow) I have attached both files for your consideration. 

I can do H-Lookup in excel to find out the new companies we added (if any) in 2020  but I wanted to utilize Alteryx and learn how to do a workflow for this purpose. 

Hope you can help. 

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi! Transposing the company names and then joining the two datasets to compare individual company names is one way to do a lookup. The venn diagrams within join tool are the driving force behind using them in this approach. It gives you commonality, and those that are not common.  

AbhilashR_0-1585974800800.png

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

As always, thank you so very much. This is exactly what I wanted. I very much appreciated.  Have a great weekend. 

Labels