Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with find and replace/append

agrawaluk
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have 2 datasets (attached) and I want to use something similar to vlookup on them to find certain values:

I want to create a matrix with columns as: Unique Zip Code (with 35926 rows of data) and Combination of all zip codes as column header (which means 1023 columns for this). The data for these columns should contain minimum delivery days meaning if dc1 delivers to zipcode1 in 3 days and dc2 delivers to zipcode1 in 4 days then dc1 should be considered in its combination series as well (for eg: while considering combination dc1+dc2 the value against zipcode1 should be 3 days).

The final output table would look something like this:

ZipcodeDC1DC2DC3DC4DC5DC6DC7DC8DC9DC10DC1 + DC2

Under DC columns the minimum delivery days need to be filled in. Also, the sequence of combinations of column headers from this does not matter. 

The data should have 35926 rows and 1025 columns. 

My language here might be confusing so please do not hesitate to ask any question you might have. 

4 REPLIES 4
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I made the solution for you.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1612685803220.png

Oh, Very large records!

And if you want to know minimum ship date, I recommend to get the minimum dates before the CrossTab tool.

AkimasaKajitani_1-1612686886409.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@agrawaluk 

Agree with @AkimasaKajitani , large data

0207-agrawaluk.PNG

agrawaluk
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @AkimasaKajitani and @Qiu This is exactly what I was looking for, you guys made it look very easy lol. Thanks again!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@agrawaluk 

Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark.

Labels