Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need help with a basic alteryx workflow and reviewing an output error

kctalt
5 - Atom

I'm very new to Alteryx, and I have a task to combine two really big excel files, I will attach a dummy excel file to show the kind of file I have, along with my current workflow.

I need to filter the combined file out using one of the columns and need to output separate excel files for each of the values. I also need to have different excel sheets within these files for different department under the name. Using the given dummy below, I need to output separate excel files for A,B,C and D, and those files have to have different sheets for different departments. I will also attach my current workflow.

kctalt_0-1657088465217.png

kctalt_1-1657088603923.png

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @kctalt, there’s a brilliant knowledge base article explaining exactly how to do this - been a very popular request!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Output-multiple-excel-files-with-multiple-sheets-based...

kctalt
5 - Atom

Interesting, thank you so much! Another question I had was, when I filter out the values with "TAX" in my workflow, it still outputs columns with the all the values nonetheless and not just TAX, is there any way to work around that?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hmm that’s odd. As it’s not a field in your original screenshot, are you able to show another with the true and false anchors and what other values are in that field? Looks like your Filter is set up correctly if there’s multiple options within ‘Computed SL’ so should only return records which have ‘Tax’ in here, unless you mean something else?

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath that is a great solution. I didnt know about that.

Labels