Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with Optimization Tool

rboehner79
6 - Meteoroid

I need some help with a workflow I've created around an optimization problem.  I believe the result the tool is giving me should be infeasible.  I'm enlisting the Alteryx community's help to find out what the problem is because I'm absolutely baffled.

The setup:

We run a distribution and marketing business distributes product across hundreds of possible truck routes depending on customer demand.  We contract with outside freight haulers to move the product and I'm building a workflow to identify the lowest cost solution for moving things.  The trucking companies that have a limited capacity to make runs and their capacity can vary by region.   

The constraints are set where the demand has to be met without exceeding the available carrier capacity.  I believe it's wanting to run a bunch of routes that have no demand and leaving out routes where demand exists... (see "infesasible" comments/annotations in the attached workflow).  

If I need to provide more context or help understanding the workflow I'll gladly do so...

Please help!

Stumped

10 REPLIES 10
paigens
7 - Meteor

Agreed, this should definitely be noted in the documentation.  I am so glad I found this thread I would have been yelling at my computer for hours.  (I was getting results that were explicitly set to be constrained against each other.)

Thanks!

Labels