Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need help trying to figure out how to create a continuous monthly report

rmartori
8 - Asteroid

Basically every month someone will download a report. There are a lot of columns but the important columns are a Name Column which will have employee names(often duplicates) and then column H and I which are whether or not they used a program sadly I dont have the documents in front of me this was given to me to do like a half hour before I let work for the weekend. so not at my work computer.

NameCompanyC++SQL

John doe

McdonaldsYesYes
John DoeBurger kingYesNo
John DoeTaco BellNoNo
Jane SmithKFCYesYes
Jane SmithCulversNoYes
Jane smithChickfilaNoNo

What they want is to take this reports  and give a summary file that will be added to and updated monthly. that looks somewhat like the screenshot below.

So february will go under feb, March under March and so on keeping a running tab of how many Yes answers on in the report. It has to be easy for them to do each month by themselves without me and still save the previous months info.

example.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rmartori 

I dont how to add one by one, but I think we can save the last data and append to the current data, then use the Preserving formatting option to output.

Hope this will work for you.

0322-rmartori.PNG

rmartori
8 - Asteroid

Odd question but if I renamed the data files after their date(or the sheet name after the date.

Say first file 02-14-2021 and the second file 03-14-2021

In this case I would just need to essentiall remove specific columns from a bigger file Technically the name is at Column B and the yes answers are in column H and I 

Edit I finally got into work where I could rereview the file, there is a date column called Report date and it is basically in 02-14-2021 format.

DatenameC++SQL
02-14-2021bobYesYes
02-14-2021bobYesNo
02-14-2021joeNoYes
02-14-2021joeNoNo
03-14-2021bobYesYes
03-14-2021bobYesNo
03-14-2021joeYesYes
03-14-2021joeYesNo
Labels