Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help to fix the Error

raunakrenge
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I have directory and it has 3 files as of now (all files has same structure just new records gets added every month), it gets updated every month so there will be new file every month. I am getting error as mentioned below - 

Error: Directory_Input K (3): Record #3: Tool #5: The field schema for the output "Output5" changed between iterations.

Could you please help me with this. I have attached input files, test workflow and macro for this.

Thanks in advance, 

Raunak

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @raunakrenge 

You need to change the output mode of your macro to Auto Configure by Name in the interface designer properties

Capture.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @raunakrenge 

It works properly when I try it with your 3 files.  Check the output of your Directory tool to ensure that you've only got 3 records and that they're the correct ones.  If not try, changing the File specification in your directory tool from "*.*" to something like "InterBusiness_Time_YTD_Detail*.xlsx"

Dan

raunakrenge
5 - Atom

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @raunakrenge 

You need to edit the properties from inside the macro, not from the main workflow

Dan  

BenjaminBreton
5 - Atom

Thank you! This is what solved my issue 😉

Labels