Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help to Group records after splitting fields to rows

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi.

I need help.

I've split my original 'TERMS/OPTIONS' field into rows with a newline (\n) delimiter and skipping empty fields, successfully separating the TERMS/OPTIONS as I desire.

I want to group the rows based on EVENT ID or even an assigned RecordID, yet don't wish to have the data in the other fields replicated.  Tried grouping with my table, layout and render tools without luck.

EVENT IDSECURITY CODESECURITY NAMEEVENT TYPETERMS/OPTIONS
148789H042884INVUITY INC COM NEWBPUTOPTION A:TAKE NO ACTION.
148789H042884INVUITY INC COM NEWBPUTOPTION B:TENDER OFFER : Holders will receive $7.40 USD in cash net to the holder without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes for every share tendered.
146475M017188***MITEL NETWORKS CORPORATIONBPUTOPTION A:MERGER WITH OPTIONS - DEFAULT - RECEIVE CASH IN USD: Holders will receive $11.15 USD per share tendered. In order to effect the proper payment in U.S. funds please ensure the client's holdings are in their U.S. accounts.
146475M017188***MITEL NETWORKS CORPORATIONBPUTOPTION B:MERGER WITH OPTIONS - RECEIVE CAD AT THE AGENT'S F/X RATE TBD: Holders will receivetheCAD equivalent of$11.15USD incashper share tendered. In order to effect the proper payment inCanadian
6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Use the Tile tool to create a GroupBy RecordID field. The settings should be 'Unique Value' on the "EVENT ID' field.

Check out the attached example and let me know if that works for you.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

@CharlieS, Thank you so much.  That is the one tool that I had not considered.  I appreciate you and your efforts.

It works!!!

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @CharlieS

I've applied the unique tool and configuration you have advised, yet the unwanted 'duplicate' filed values remain.

I'd like to have the Strikethrough text shown below not showing in the output.  Any thoughts?

EVENT IDSECURITY CODESECURITY NAMEEVENT TYPETERMS/OPTIONS
148789H042884INVUITY INC COM NEWBPUTOPTION A:TAKE NO ACTION.
148789H042884INVUITY INC COM NEWBPUTOPTION B:TENDER OFFER : Holders will receive $7.40 USD in cash net to the holder without interest and less any applicable withholding taxes for every share tendered.
146475M017188***MITEL NETWORKS CORPORATIONBPUTOPTION A:MERGER WITH OPTIONS - DEFAULT - RECEIVE CASH IN USD: Holders will receive $11.15 USD per share tendered. In order to effect the proper payment in U.S. funds please ensure the client's holdings are in their U.S. accounts.
146475M017188***MITEL NETWORKS CORPORATIONBPUTOPTION B:MERGER WITH OPTIONS - RECEIVE CAD AT THE AGENT'S F/X RATE TBD: Holders will receivetheCAD equivalent of$11.15USD incashper share tendered. In order to effect the proper payment inCanadian
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I added a Multi-Field Formula tool to the previous solution to make that happen. 

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

@CharlieS This is great!!  Fixed my issue.  You are brilliant!  Thank you.

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar
Labels