Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help regarding Formula Tool

Lazzanova
7 - Meteor

Hello dear Alteryx Community members,

I'd like to solve something using the Formula tool. For this I'm using only 3 columns of data:

Lazzanova_0-1628087581150.png

I've got a list of date_actual, vehicle_id's, and a boolean regarding whether or not a car is stored (in_storage_on_compound)
I need the formula tool (or any other tool that gets the job done) to tell me if a car that is in_storage_on_compound on a given day, was not in_storage_on_compound a day before.

Ex: See row 28. This car is has in_storage_on_compound = 1 on 2021-06-30. And the day before in_storage_on_compound = 0 (2021-06-29)
I need the formula tool to add another column, let's call it storage_inflow, and for line 29 it should give the output of "True" or 1. 

Can anyone help me with this?

With kind regards,

Lazzanova (See attachment of example of data)

5 REPLIES 5
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Lazzanova ,

You can do it using a Multi-Row Formula checking both previous row value and current row value.

Workflow attached ! Tell me if it suits your need or not !

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Lazzanova 

You can use formula like below in multi-row formula tool.

String datatype:

IF [Row-1:in_storage_on_compound]="0" and [in_storage_on_compound]="1" THEN "1" ELSE "0" ENDIF

or

Numeric datatype:

IF [Row-1:in_storage_on_compound]=0 and [in_storage_on_compound]=1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENDIF

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628088261726.png

Hope this helps : )

Lazzanova
7 - Meteor

Thanks Jean. That really helped me solve my problem!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You are welcome @Lazzanova ! @atcodedog05 's solution also is good and he offered the numeric one !

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Thanks @Jean-Balteryx , You did solve the actual problem and was faster 🙂👍

I copied the data to remove input file and ended up with properly datatyped data 😅

And later I had to update the response.

Labels