Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need a Macro or UI Bot for capturing company responses from a same output file.

pranit1997
7 - Meteor

I have attached a file which is Survey response file.

Similar to this I have 100 company response files and I want to extract it in a desired format and then analyse it.

I have prepared the workflow for extracting it in the desired format but I need help with preparing a macro so that I could run all 100 responses together and all 100 files together in a single file or multiple files but at one go. 

Thank you in advance.

26 REPLIES 26
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @pranit1997, would it be possible for you to share a sample file with 2 or more companies?

Thanks. 

Sapna Gupta
pranit1997
7 - Meteor

Hi

Thank you for helping me out.

Company response files are in the format as attached only the details would get changed.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @pranit1997 , I have prepared a mock workflow I hope it helps.

1) Here you need to provide the path of the files that you want to extract.

grazitti_sapna_0-1603087271148.png

Here i have created a macro that will read the path of your file one by one and will give you collaborated output.

Result-

grazitti_sapna_1-1603087297164.png

2) If you want the result to be in separate files then you can attach output tool at the end instead of browse tool and follow this config.

grazitti_sapna_2-1603087445480.png

Let me know if this works for you, also please mark this post as solution if this is what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
pranit1997
7 - Meteor

Hi 

facing this error

pranit1997_0-1603088232468.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@pranit1997  where are you facing this issue? can you share the directory tool output with me? It will work for excel files in case you are using csv then you have to change the settings in the macro itself.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
pranit1997
7 - Meteor

Hey

Sorry my bad.

So the company response file has about 8 sheets.

But the required data has the sheet name as "SG&A data and activity drivers" for all response files.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@pranit1997 . can you try selecting the sheet and then try to run the workflow?

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
pranit1997
7 - Meteor

Not able to select the sheet as I am only able to give the reference for the folder.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@pranit1997 , will it be possible for you to share a sample file with 8 sheets or try this.

grazitti_sapna_0-1603088896742.png

Use a formula tool and pass the sheet name hardcoded to the a new column.

grazitti_sapna_1-1603088932426.png

Use this new column in the control parameter field.

This works for me.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels