Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need a Macro or UI Bot for capturing company responses from a same output file.

pranit1997
7 - Meteor

I have attached a file which is Survey response file.

Similar to this I have 100 company response files and I want to extract it in a desired format and then analyse it.

I have prepared the workflow for extracting it in the desired format but I need help with preparing a macro so that I could run all 100 responses together and all 100 files together in a single file or multiple files but at one go. 

Thank you in advance.

26 REPLIES 26
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@pranit1997 
I have created a standard Macro to read all the files and the processing part is from your workflow.
so only input and out are mine.

1019-pranit19971.PNG1019-pranit19972.PNG

pranit1997
7 - Meteor

Hey

Here is the sample file

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@pranit1997 , try this.

grazitti_sapna_0-1603091522380.png

add a formula tool and use this

[FullPath]+"|||SG&A data and activity drivers" in formula tool and it will work.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
pranit1997
7 - Meteor

Hi

facing this error:

pranit1997_0-1603112294709.png

pranit1997
7 - Meteor

@Qiu 

Was not able check your solution as alteryx versions are not matching

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @pranit1997 , the schema of the file might be different can you check the fourth file that you are trying to parse?

Try to run this particular file in the macro and check if the fields are getting changed?

Note: The schema should be same for all the files.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @pranit1997 , change the text with the path where your files are located just need to provide one path.

grazitti_sapna_0-1603257395733.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1603257411453.png

Also attaching the latest macro that you can replace with the older one and then edit the path.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@pranit1997 , I am glad this worked for you. Thanks for marking my posts.

Thanks and Have a great weekend ahead!

Sapna Gupta
pranit1997
7 - Meteor

@grazitti_sapna 

Thanks for your help.

pranit1997
7 - Meteor

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

1) I made copies of both the workflow in a different folder.

2) In Workflow test business & operations - I have made changes in this one by creation a copy of this workflow.

3) Then I saved it and I am trying to run the 2nd workflow for running the macro i.e. capture company response but the output that is coming from the 2nd workflow is not catching the updated version of Workflow test business & Operations.

Labels