Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need To Run The Alteryx Container On Basis Of Condition

i_shashank_
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am working on a scenario where I need to run the Specific Container workflow on the basis of filter.

I have one filter condition and on the basis of that we need to run the flow which is available in Containers.

If My filter value is True then Container 1 has to run.

If my Filter value is false then Container 2 has to run.

i_shashank__0-1670820848502.png

We are not allowed to use the "Crew Macros" so there is any other method which we can use to achieve this.

Kindly let me know if something is there or if possible then attach the sample workflow as well.

Thanks And Regards,

SHASHANK R. SHUKLA

3 REPLIES 3
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @i_shashank_ 

As you have explained clearly in your diagram, when you use the filter tool in Alteryx it will give you the output as true.

If true has value, then the container 1 will run.

If false has value, then the container 2 will run. 

Note: Both container will run, but which doesnot has value will not have the output.

It depends based on your scenario how to address the solution.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @i_shashank_ 

I found this created by one of the community member, kept it for my reference.

Sharing the same with you, I believe you will be able to amend the same workflow based on your requiremnt.

Many thanks

Shanker V

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @i_shashank_ 

1) Have you checked the "Test" building block? https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/test-tool

You can configure it to look at the 3 conditions AND from Workflow configuration, Runtime, then check "Cancel running WF on error" so if the conditions are not met, it would produce an error and cancel the WF.

2) Another solution is using a macro described in this post.

Hope this helps. If it does please like this post and mark it as a solution.

Cheers!

Labels