Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need Radio buttons/Checkbox adjacent to every List Box value

amitupadhyay
8 - Asteroid

I have a list box interface tool, where I populated a list of values available for user to select. The selection performs Filtering operation based on the values selected by the user. However, against each value I also need a Radio button/Check box interface tool where if checked it will declare a new status field (Approved or Rejected) for the filtered values based on list box selection.

I want my interface designer to look like this:

List box valuesRadio Button or Check Box
:checkbox:Item1🔘
:checkbox:Item2🔘
:checkbox:Item3🔘

The operation should be:

Filter the data based on list box values selection. Then add a new column in the filtered data with values either as "approved" or "rejected" based on radio button / check box selection.

3 REPLIES 3
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi, @amitupadhyay is your list dynamic? If not, you could use check boxes to create your own list to end up with an interface like this:

OllieClarke_0-1635954676648.png

Which you can then use in an app a bit like this:

OllieClarke_1-1635955551911.png

Which (with the above set up) would give the following inputs and outputs:

OllieClarke_2-1635955610021.png

-> 

OllieClarke_3-1635955629610.png

Hope that's useful

Ollie

amitupadhyay
8 - Asteroid

Hello Ollie, 

Thank for this solution. Unfortunately, my list box input is dynamic and gets updated based on previous chained app. Is there any way to implement this in case the list is dynamic?

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @amitupadhyay how's about this:

OllieClarke_2-1636122702302.png

I don't think you can get the lists next to each other and dynamic as well, so I went for 2 list boxes one for selecting and one for approving

OllieClarke_0-1636122475649.png

This set up creates this output:

OllieClarke_1-1636122538083.png

Labels