Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need Help in FUZZY MATCHING - COMPARING two columns and Getting the MATCHING SCORE

iamviraj13
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

The file has 4 columns (2020 rest, 2019 rest, 2020 menu, 2019 menu).
I want to compare 2 columns to each other (2020 rest to 2019 rest) (2020 menu to 2019 menu) and then get the % match as well for it.
This is my first time performing fuzzy matching hence I am a little bit confused about how to get it. I have attached the input file as well as the desired output. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Desired Output:

iamviraj13_0-1591902490151.png

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @iamviraj13 , try this workflow if it helps.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1591947851059.png

Sapna Gupta
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @iamviraj13 

Please mark as a solution (really just a possible solution) + like, if this helps you out.

Here is how I would approach it.

I had to eat my veggies on this one (it's been a while since I run Fuzzy).

By the way, you can now also leverage the Make Group Tool with Fuzzy Matching (in the interest of time, another day perhaps!).

RNO2_0-1591995872896.png

Keep in mind that your results will vary based on the Style algorithm selection (customization) + your % threshold settings.

What I try to do, typically, is:

1. start with high % threshold + tag matches as match level 1

2. process unmatched from first fuzzy match with a lower (bottom) % threshold + tag those matches as match level 2

3. update null match scores to zero

4. add a sort tool at the end to manipulate slice and dice (sort by match level, and match score variations) and analyze further if necessary

The workflow is attached.

Cheers!

Labels