Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need Help Understanding Table Bar Elements

Animanga008
8 - Asteroid

Can anyone help clarify these elements when adding a bar element to a rendered Table?

Alteryx Table Bar.png

Specifically:

1. Is there a way to rename the bar chart header? Currently, when you add a bar element, it creates a new field to the existing table. This field is blank. Is there a way to give this new field a name?
  2. What are the two values indicated in the header to begin with? My set min for the axis is 0, why does it start at 100. What does 100 indicate? Likewise, what does 414 indicate?
  3. What are the thing grey bars at the end of each bar chart? The max value?

3 REPLIES 3
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

hi @Animanga008 

Q1.Is there a way to rename the bar chart header? 

Answer :

It seems that there is not the Rename option.

Q2.What are the two values indicated in the header to begin with?

Answer :

Table tool have "Auto Scale" option. When the option set "No",  we can set "Min Value" and "Max Value".

106 was automatically set of Min Scale Value and 414 was set of Max Scale Value.

clip2.png

Q3.What are the thing grey bars at the end of each bar chart? The max value?

Answer : 

Grey bar is Max Scale Value.

Animanga008
8 - Asteroid

@AkimasaKajitani 

Haha, darn. If true, I feel that really limits the usability of the bar chart feature within rendered tables. At the same time, I guess I shouldn't expect Alteryx to be a visualization/display powerhouse ala Tableau/Power BI when it comes out output design.

Regarding Q2/3...I had an inkling that they were min max values, and I was aware that you can manually set those values...but I was curious why did Alteryx choose those specific values? Like why display 100 as a min value? What's that logic based off of....?

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Animanga008 

Alteryx's Visualization capabilities are improved by Interactive Chart tool. But I think Tableau/PowerBI is much better than Alteryx's Visualization.

In Q2, I don't have information how to output the Min/Max Value that the Designer calculate so that I will wait for someone who know it.

Labels