Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need Help On Something Simple

Cyeo
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

I am very new to Alteryx and I using Alteryx to become more efficient completing task that I usually use excel to do.  

I am working on one of them right now.   I have one particular name that is from the 100000 department.  I need to split him up to 3 different departments and a percentage of his pay will go to the 3 departments.  So I need him to be in department 100000 @ 30% of his gross pay, department 500000 @ 30% of his gross pay and department 650000 at 40%.  How to do I do that?  Right now I just have him in a row with 100000 and gross pay of say $5,000.  Thank you!  I will appreciate any help I can get.

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Cyeo, is the solution in the attached workflow along the lines of what you are looking for? Let me know if I misunderstood your ask.

AbhilashR_0-1601339696900.png

In this example, I am assuming you want to compute Gross Pay for an employee named Zen who is assigned to Dept = 100000.

Cyeo
5 - Atom

Thank you!  That is exactly what I needed.  I did use "Generate Rows". but I was trying to do all 3 rows.  Thank you!

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Cyeo

Thanks for introducing yourself to the Community and welcome to Alteryx family!

And thank you for your question to the Community! I just moved your post to the Designer Discussions forum because this is where you can ask anything technical about Designer. This article "Q&A: Where Do I Post My Questions?" should also help you out. 

Because you are an Excel User, you should also have a look to the Interactive Lessons: Excel Users.

If the answer of @AbhilashRhelped you, could you please "Accept it as solution", this will help other community users. 

Thanks a lot and let us know if you need any more help! 

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
Labels