Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Natural Language Toolkit and Naive Bayes

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Has anyone leveraged the Natural Language Toolkit dictionaries (developed for Python) as part of a Naive Bayes classification for text sentinment analysis in Alteryx?  Looking for how to setup those dictionaries for the training set.

12 REPLIES 12
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I have not tried that exactly, but wanted to alert you to a sentiment analysis tool available on the gallery here. It uses a Microsoft API which is free up to 10,000 transactions per month (and the macro sends batches of 1,000 records, so you might be able to get away with 10,000,000 records per month). 

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Appreciate that suggestion- will give it a try!

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Thanks again Neil.  Wanted to let you know I tried it out and it worked like a charm.  I used the twitter search connector to download all the #data15 tweets from the Tableau conference and ran them through the Azure ML.

It was a total of 17,000 tweets and the AzureML text macro ran and scored themin just 21 seconds- amazing!

Only thing I'm confused about is the 'batching'.  You mentioned that the macro would batch records in groups of 1,000. So I would have expected that i would have used 17 of the 10,000 free calls of the service for the month.  But when I checked this morning, my 10,000 calls are totally depeleted and I have to wait until next month (or buy more).

This is my first foray into Azure, so appreciate any explanation on what happened there.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The Microsoft data plan page currently states: "A transaction is one request that returns one page of results. Retrieving multiple pages will result in multiple transactions executed." I mistakenly interpreted that to mean a batch of 1,000 records would count as a single transaction.

I reached out to Microsoft - they quickly responded that each record counts as a single transaction and they will update their documentation to make this clearer. Go Microsoft support!

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Very much apppreciate you contacting MS to clarify.

I guess I blew through my 1 month free allocation in 1 shot then, but at least it was for a good viz!

nathan_fredette
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I downloaded the API and I am not sure how to test my data set against the text analysis.  Thanks for the help.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'd recommend downloading the Alteryx Starter Kit for Microsoft. Once installed, it contains an example workflow showing how to use the Sentiment Analysis tool.

MizunashiSinayu
8 - Asteroid

Hi, thank you for the explanation..

I just tried this one wonderful macro today, however, I got this error:

Error: AzureMLTextAnalytics (5): Tool #76: Microsoft API error... HTTP/1.1 403 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<title>403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}
fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;}
h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}
h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;}
#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;
background-color:#555555;}
#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}
.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>
<div id="content">
<div class="content-container"><fieldset>
<h2>403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.</h2>
<h3>You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.</h3>
</fieldset></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Any idea why? Thanks-

Mizu-

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Did you make sure to sign up for a text analytics data plan, per the help file?

https://help.alteryx.com/10.6/index.htm#AzureMLTextAnalytics.htm

@apolly

Labels