Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Naming columns against row data's

vmanika8
7 - Meteor

Dear community,

I have a data as mentioned in attached excel. I have to plot the name Mani and Boopathy against blank items in this excel using alteryx. Important points to be noted.

1. Subject line should be removed with RE: and FW: to identify the duplicate emails.

2. Emails already available with Names can be ignored.

3. Emails with no names mentioned in column D should be named with Mani and Boopathy equally. (If there are 20 blanks it should allocate 10 each for Mani and boopathy)

4. If the blank items are in odd numbers, it should allocate one in excess for either Boopathy or Mani (If there are 21 blanks it should allocate 10 for Mani and 11 for Boopathy vice versa).

Can anyone help me with this requirement ?

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@vmanika8 
if I understand your requirement correctly

0106-vmanika8.PNG

vmanika8
7 - Meteor

First of all thanks a lot for your quick response. It is almost correct!  But I want the rows in input 1,4,7,9 also to be considered for output. That should be equal with blank items. In the sense, 5 rows for Mani and 5 rows for boopathy in this case. Also let me know, if the total line items are in odd numbers as per attached sample 2.

In sample 2, I require the result as Mani with 6 line items and Booapthy with 5 line items or boopathy with 6 line items and Mani with 5 line items. Either case is fine but workflow should consider all 11 line items as output.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@vmanika8 
One union tool will do the job and yes, it works for odd number records.

0106-vmanika8-1.PNG

Labels