Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Name of the Output file must come from the column field

rtablate
5 - Atom

Hi, Good day1

I just want to ask how the value from the table is going to be my file name? See example below

I have this DateTime_Out column value is "November" data is changing by month so is the file name as well. So once I have the Output Data file name will be "Billing Details - November 2020" November from the file must come in the table value

rtablate_0-1611667198700.png

rtablate_1-1611667226540.png

4 REPLIES 4
Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi @rtablate ,

Use formula tool to add a new column "filename". Build the filename as follows "Billing Details - "+[DateTime_Out]+".csv" and use the following configuration in the output tool (note the settings at the bottom of the screenshot are most important).

AidanKing_0-1611668564679.png

When the month changes now in column "DateTime_Out " the filename should change for you. If there is different values you will get a new file for each record.

Also attached is an example workflow .

Regards,

Aidan

rtablate
5 - Atom

The new column in the table will be the name of the file. How will I do that?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @rtablate,

You'll want to create the file path in a formula tool

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1611669630579.png

Selecting this new field in the bottom part of the output tool configuration pane "Take File/Table Name From Field".

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1611669686036.png

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi,

In the formula tool you can enter any value for the filename you like. I used the text you suggested initially as an example only (and included the field [date time_Out] to add the month. You can change the values between the first quotes (currently "Billing Details - ") to be anything you like. If you have a specific file location you want, add the full filepath before like "C:\temp\Billing Details - ".

AidanKing_0-1611669603475.png

Regards,
Aidan

Labels