Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

NESTED IIF Statement

czjames87
8 - Asteroid

I need some help working on a nested iif statement. Essentially, I need the logic to read like below. How do i get the multiple conditions per IIF statement to work correctly? and how do I get the multiple IIF statements to work together in one formula? I can get one IIF statement to work but not all of them together. 

IIF([OTYP] = "OUTBOUND,RETURN","OUTBOUND,TRANSFER","OUTBOUND", IIF([OTYP] = "RETURN,OUTBOUND", "RETURN,TRANSFER" , "TRANSFER" IIF([OTYP] = "TRANSFER,OUTBOUND", "TRANSFER,RETURN", "TRANSFER")

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @czjames87 

IIF statement goes like

IIF(condition, true, false)

Nested IIF(condition, IIF(condition, true, false), false)

Or

IIF(condition, true, IIF(condition, true, false))

IIF([OTYP] = "OUTBOUND,RETURN","OUTBOUND,TRANSFER","OUTBOUND", IIF

Has more argument then allowed

Hope this helps 🙂

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@czjames87 you may also find that writing the conditional out using the following syntax might make it a bit easier to structure

IF

THEN

ELSEIF

THEN

ELSE

ENDIF

Here is some additional documentation on conditional functions: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/conditional-functions

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @czjames87 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Labels