Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mysterious Outes in my output

Andy_Katona
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I have mysterious "" in my output that should be there. These fields are blank but when I look at the output file the quotes are there.

I have tried the data clean options with no punctuation, with & without the "replace with blanks", leading & trailing whitespace, tabs...., & All Whitespace.

Has anyone else encounter this? I would like to correct it in my flow than opening the txt file & removing them out with a "find/replace"

Thank you for your help

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @Andy_Katona

I'm guessing you're outputting to a csv?  If so, have a look at the "Quote Output Fields" option in the output fields; test various settings and see if it helps.  If that doesn't help, could you provide more detail, perhaps a small sample that recreates the issue?

Hope that helps!

John

Andy_Katona
8 - Asteroid

John,

Thank you, I saw that setting & I will play with it & see how we do. For example I have 50 columns. Some I can see Null like a place holder not the true word. Then I see columns that have blank value. For example there is a code not filling that cell & appears blank.

I will test turning it to "Never" & see what happens.

Thank you for your help

Labels