Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

My users cannot use the Google Analytics connector unless they have admin rights

RTPalmer
5 - Atom

We run Designer on a Terminal Server due to the current need for remote working. My users are able to add the Google Analytics add in and drag it onto a worklflow surface. However if they try and click connect to Designer just freezes. However if the user trying it is in the local Administrators group I can click connect and it opens the browser window to then allow the google details to be added. Does anyone know what is causing this as we do not want the users to have admin access. 

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is likely a question for support@alteryx.com. I'm not sure how the terminal server is configured which sounds like is causing the issues. Other than that I would make sure that the machine has the latest version of the Google Analytics connector installed which can be found here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Google-Analytics/5898afe9effc2a0bb0a11644 

RTPalmer
5 - Atom

It seems to be an issue with trying to use Windows 2012 R2 according to support. So the only workaround is to give the users admin rights. So I think I will just have to migrate them to a newer terminal server. As I have since tried it on 2016 and it seems to be fine without admin rights.

Labels