Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

My First Report - Need Help with Layout

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

HI Everyone,

I am trying my first report and I cannot get the report to format properly.  I am trying to get the scheduledstartdate to be the group but the report keeps marking it as "record 1".

I am trying to get a report to group by:

1. Scheduled Start Date
    1. LastName
    2. Docket Number

I have also attached a sample report of what I would like it to look like.  If you notice, there is a large blank space to the right for the Event Judge.  This section is hand written by a clerk as progress check.  Can I incorporate a blank area into a report?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Take a look at the attached. Made a few tweaks, I think this will give you what you need?

1. I used Summarize tool to group by date/docket number/OTN, but it works the same as Unique, so no difference there, just a personal preference.

2. Skipped the first record to get rid of the line with the NULL values

3. Added a Formula for Event Judge that is a "" blank record. This will give you your blank column that you can use to fill in for your output.

4. For the table, I grouped by ScheduleStartDt, then unclicked that field in the Per Column Configuration below.

5. Added a Report Text that puts the ScheduleStartDt as the header above the table created in the prior tool.

Does this get you closer? :)

NJ

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

THis is great.  I was able to tweak it a bit and add an email attachment based upon successful completion.  The only thing I can figure out is how to get page breaks after each schedule start date?

Labels