Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

My Alteryx 10.6 workflow keeps getting stuck but is not frozen and hasn't crashed.

nicks10
6 - Meteoroid

I am running a fairly simple worflow in which the output keeps getting stuck at the same point (12%) each time I run it. The output is a very small table so it is not a case of system memory issues.

I have tried to reconfigure a few of the processes but with no change. 

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this? 

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Guess 1: you have a join that is making Cartesian products. In other words, you are creating very large outputs from it. Like, joining on zip code.

Sent from my iPhone
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You may want to try closing all instances of Alteryx and re-opening your workflow. We've encountered similar issues to yours and restarting Alteryx seems to clear it for us.

nicks10
6 - Meteoroid

You were right it was something to do with the number of spatial matches I had in the workflow. Had to input a workaround to remedy this but it now works. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. Strange it just gets stuck as opposed to crashing/freezing etc

Rachel_B
7 - Meteor

I think I am having a similar problem. How did you create a work around?

cingham
5 - Atom

I have a similar issue - all data cleansing icons just hang whilst the rest of the scripts run - any pointers? 

Labels