Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multirow formula up and down!

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am getting to grips with Multirow formulas slowly! I have almost mastered the art of populating data going down a column, but now I need to go up and down.

So I have multiple companies that have 549 records in a set, I have grouped them already using a CEIL formula but now I need to set a company value. I would like the formula to read the group, find COMPANY in the KeyName column, the for all of the rows in the group set a Company number based on the "Value" filed for the COMPANY record. The rows in the group extend above and below the COMPANY, so I need to go up and down.

Bigmonki_0-1594896212992.png

1 REPLY 1
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Bigmonki ,

I would select the rows containing "COMPANY" as a key, calculate the respective range  (if it's not already done by "Group" and use a Find Replace tool to add the company. I've attached a sample workflow.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Labels