Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multirow Struggles

Data_User88
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I am struggling to achieve the desired operation using the multirow formula.😢

You will see from the attached .yxdb file that the file contains 15 columns and 32 rows. Please note that the original file contains 5 million plus records. This is a dummy sheet.  

I am looking to get the multirow formula (Test) to identify and output with (1) the first time each customer spends consecutively for three months with the business. Some customers may have spent consecutively for three months on more than one occasion. In this scenario I am looking for the first occurrence: output with (Retain  or 1). The output must contain all of the transactions (3 Month Spending Pattern) relating to the first occurrence for that customer. The outputs should omit those transactions that do not fall within the first three consecutive month period. 

Customer                Date                                  Sale                          3 Month Spending Pattern         Status

Customer A            10/08/2016                         Â£199                         1                                                 Reject

Customer A            01/01/2017                         Â£250                         1                                                 Retain

Customer A            01/01/2017                         Â£300                         1                                                 Retain

Customer A            06/02/2017                         Â£190                         2                                                 Retain

Customer A            08/03/2017                         Â£278                         3                                                 Retain

Customer A            28/05/2017                         Â£187                         1                                                 Reject

I have also attached an excel workbook that contains two sheets. The first sheet within the workbook contains the data as present, and the second sheet contains the desired output. 

I hope this makes sense. I'm hoping someone can help me.

Thanks

Data_User88

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi; I've built a solution for you, check this out, even if it may be slightly off but it should give you direction.

Ben

Data_User88
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @BenMoss for putting together a representative workflow. This helps massively. All the best. 

Labels