Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multirow Mayhem

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a smarter solution for me.  I have a dataset with header rows that contain information pertinent to the rows below.  In order to perform analytics on the dataset, I need to attribute the header row information into the corresponding rows.  This is easily achievable with the Multi-row Formula tool but when you need to do it for multiple columns, you end up in this situation which doesn't seem very Alteryx:

Shifty_0-1620916778988.png

I've prepared an example dataset (attached) that should hopefully make it clear what the issue is.  I have a feeling a macro could do the trick here but I wouldn't know where to start. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Shifty

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Shifty ,

I have a tool for that!

It's an Autofill tool which I will be finalising soon, but attached is the working version.

I've applied it to your data as follows:

mceleavey_0-1620917366849.pngmceleavey_1-1620917385297.png

mceleavey_2-1620917452396.png

M.

Bulien

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Shifty 

The key to solving is to add a RecordID tool so that you are able to keep the association between the "Records" after you transpose and use 1 single Multirow tool to do the magic. Hope this solves your problem

Happy solving.

Dawn.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@DawnDuong @mceleavey  - Thank you so both so much.  I have a macro to use and I also know how to do it smarter in future.  Ideal outcome!

Labels