Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multirow Mayhem

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone has a smarter solution for me.  I have a dataset with header rows that contain information pertinent to the rows below.  In order to perform analytics on the dataset, I need to attribute the header row information into the corresponding rows.  This is easily achievable with the Multi-row Formula tool but when you need to do it for multiple columns, you end up in this situation which doesn't seem very Alteryx:

Shifty_0-1620916778988.png

I've prepared an example dataset (attached) that should hopefully make it clear what the issue is.  I have a feeling a macro could do the trick here but I wouldn't know where to start. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Shifty

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Shifty ,

I have a tool for that!

It's an Autofill tool which I will be finalising soon, but attached is the working version.

I've applied it to your data as follows:

mceleavey_0-1620917366849.pngmceleavey_1-1620917385297.png

mceleavey_2-1620917452396.png

M.

Bulien

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @Shifty 

The key to solving is to add a RecordID tool so that you are able to keep the association between the "Records" after you transpose and use 1 single Multirow tool to do the magic. Hope this solves your problem

Happy solving.

Dawn.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@DawnDuong @mceleavey  - Thank you so both so much.  I have a macro to use and I also know how to do it smarter in future.  Ideal outcome!

Labels