Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multirow Formula using if else statement

jly3292014
7 - Meteor

Here's the problem I am working on: If it is assumed that all transactions are recorded, then the grantors in a transaction should be the grantees in the previous transaction, if they exist, on the same property. Find all the transactions that violate this rule.

For verification, is it stating that if the grantor column is equal to the previous row of the grantee, then it is considered "violated"?

If that's the case, I did use the multi-row formula to put in the following statement: IF [grantors]=[Row-1:grantees] THEN "1" ELSE "0" ENDIF

Please provide feedback about the problem.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Are you saying there is an issue, or just straight up asking for feedback on your solution? Given the scenario, that sounds like the correct formula. Because of the rules in your scenario, you’ll want to ‘group by’ property (parcel_number in your case?) and for rows that don’t exist, I’d imagine use NULL, as your first rows won’t have a previous grantee to compare against.

Edit: If you want to keep the "1" then you'll need to set the output to be a string, otherwise you can drop the "" around the 1 and 0 and just have a numeric flag.

jly3292014
7 - Meteor

I apologize for not clarifying. I was straight up asking for feedback on my solution. Thank you for your response.

Labels