Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiplying Values by ratio from different Input

thelegazy
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

Need some newbie help. I tried researching as much as I could, but couldn't really find anything. 

I have the following two data sets being brought in from two different inputs: 

Product CodeCountryAgeQuantity
Product 1CanadaMale50
Product 2IndiaMale50

CountryAgeSizeRatio
CanadaMaleS.50
CanadaMaleM.50
IndiaMaleS.75
IndiaMaleM.25

Desired Result:

I want to multiply the Ratio in the second table against the Quantity in the first table using the Country and Age as the look up criteria. 

Product CodeCountryAgeSizeQuantity
Product 1CanadaMaleS25
Product 1CanadaMaleM25
Product 2IndiaMaleS37.5
Product 2IndiaMaleM12.5

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

3 REPLIES 3
EmanueleE
8 - Asteroid

Hi @thelegazy;

here the solution;

alteryx6.PNG

Join 2 dataset with country (remember to change the type field from byte to double for the "left quantity"); do a multiplication with the formula tool (left quantity * right quantity) and at the last use the select tool "to clean" the output. In the attachment an example file.

Hope this help you.

EmanueleE

thelegazy
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much!

DiyaR
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have similar situation but unable to find solution. I have USD conversion rate in different input and want to multiply data in other input. I don't have any common field which I can join. Is there any way to multiply without joining the fields.

Thank you :)

Labels