Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple types of data in same row separation

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

Apologies in advance, I am literally very new at Alteryx. I've done all the Academy and am beginning to tackle the weekly challenges with great enthusiasm. I have a task that for the life of me I have yet to understand how I might accomplish in Alteryx:

I have a report; being input through a url. It is essentially two different error reports. I am only interested in one.

wmcclure_0-1576521038938.png

I've gotten this far in getting the rows right from the source but have no idea how to further split/filter the data to the only fields I need. I've attached a sample but will illustrate here as well:

In short the system error reports come in two types DAU hung and No response. Each report generates a time of the report (1) and a listing of the system ID with the error (2).

wmcclure_1-1576521547112.png

I need only the No Response Report and the system IDs from only that report. This is where I could use an assist.

Ultimately I need to have each System ID tied to the date/time of the report but I believe I can work that logic out myself.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Take a look at the attached workflow.

I used a Multi-Row formula to accomplish this.

What I did was look for any row that started with "No Response Report", and set our flag to "1" - which is True - this is a part of the No Response Report.

Then I checked for any rows that started with "<BR>" or "umi-" and set this flag to be the same as the row above - if we flagged it as a No Response Report, it would be a 1, otherwise a 0.

Lastly, I set any row that didn't meet these criteria to a 0.  Then I applied a filter to remove all the other rows.

Hope this helps!

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@GoldenDesign04 I agree with @Claje logic, I would do it the same. If you just wanted to get a list of all the system ids, you can use a filter tool with this formula, Contains([F1],"umi-"), to grab all of them. You can then use the output data tool to write out to a flat file.

Digan
Alteryx
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @GoldenDesign04 ,

Attached is a example showing a way to get that done.

I have used a multi-row tool to flag everything related to a no response answer and then a filter tool to get what you need.

fmvizcaino_1-1576522777561.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response. This is exactly the nudge I needed to move on with. 

Labels