Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple rows combined by item number

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

I have a list of items where the ID is the same for multiple rows but not always the same number of rows.  There might be any number of columns following the id number.  What I want is one row for each ID number with all the rest of the data in separate columns.  So if field one for ID 1 has six rows there will be six fields showing what was in field one all on the same row.

Any help is appreciated.

Brad

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm not entirely sure what you want your output data too look like.

Can you use the table tool in the reply to visualise what you are looking for.

I have a feeling you just need to check 'concatenate' as an option instead of first on the cross-tab but this may be because I don't understand what you are looking for.

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Okay I think I understand the problem a bit better now and have attached an amended version of your workflow.

I see you were trying to concat ID with the original header name, this didn't work because your name field was limited to 7 characters so you weren't seeing any change.

I've amended this to create a new field and then used this as the header field in the cross-tab instead.

I've also built out a logic to create an ID which restarts.

Ben

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, you just saved hours of work time for an associate I was helping.  She will be thrilled!

Labels