Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple outputs using same Excel Template

RichD
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Is there a way for Alteryx to use the output of a table and then create multiple files that are all based on one Excel Template?  

Not sure I explained that well; but essentially I have an excel template with formatting and formulas built in.  A "Manager Report Template".  My Alteryx flow currently takes my data set and then groups the records by manager (using the table function - though I don't know if this is the best method, this is just where I got).  I have roughly 150 manager's.  I would then like to write out those 150 reports and to excel files (all uniformly formatted using the template I have).

Any direction (or correction, if there is a better way) is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This Blog is posted the way of Alteryx output to excel file using excel template.

Excel Templates with Blob Tools
https://intersectionsandoverlaps.wordpress.com/2019/09/27/alteryx-excel-templates-with-blob-tools/

I hope this is helpful.

RichD
7 - Meteor

Thank you, that did help me with the first half of my problem.  I was able to create all the reports I wanted to by using that.  but I am still unclear on how to create a process that will write out all the various reports to the files i just created.  I am guessing an iterative macro... though I am new to Macros.  I will write a separate question.  thank you!

Labels