Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple outputs from filter tool

rajputakansha
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Not sure if this question is asked before.

I am trying to get two outputs from each output of a filter tool. Both the outputs should be different tabs of the same file.

Capture.PNG

I am getting an error: Process cannot access the file because its being used by another process.

I have tried all the Output Options. 

Can someone help?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

That happens if you are trying to write the "T" and "F" to the same file. This can be a little tricky depending on your data but look into the Block Until Done tool. I hope that helps.

Seth

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Hi @rajputakansha ,

Instead of filter  use formula to create  sheet name   i.e  sheet1 ( null comments ) and sheet2 ( valid comments )  . 

In output  configurations use 'take file/table from field'  and  'change file/table name' .  

Check 'one file multiple  sheets'  output in attached wf.

Vijuzy
8 - Asteroid

You can use what @benakesh mentioned as solution or you can use Crew macro called Parallel block until done to solve your issue.

Regards,

Vijay

Labels