Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Andy Uttley, Alteryx ACE, makes music with Alteryx | Math + Music

Multiple inputs not included in Alteryx Package

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Users,

I am reading multiple csv inputs in the Input tool in my workflow (using * wildcard), however, when I package the workflow, these files do not appear in the package. Has anyone else experienced such an issue before? How do I get around this?

Thanks a lot, 

Ashish

Highlighted
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Since the wildcard basically creates a "dynamic" workflow, packaging will not include the CSV files that are currently there (probably with the logic that most people want the package to remain "dynamic" once it is run).

If you are wanting to include them in order to have a working package that you send to someone else, you can include them as "assets" in the package.

Do do this, you first have to change a setting in User Settings (under Options in the main menu). Go to the Advanced tab and check "Display Asset Management in Properties Window".

Once checked a new icon will appear in the Properties window for the Input tool for Assets. You can click on that and then add any files you want to incorporate in the package.

Again, just keep in mind that you will be turning the package into a "static" set of data.

Labels